Rinne review uploaded

Discussion in 'Snowblood Apple news' started by Mandi Apple, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

Rinne review uploaded

Yeah... I know it's been a while since we last updated, but real life has a habit of doing that to people 8)

Anyway, at long last, Tyler's excellent review of Takashi Shimizu's Rinne (aka Reincarnation) is now up at http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/rinne.htm

The forum thread for discussion of the movie is here.

Thanks Tyler, wherever you may currently be my dear :hug:
  2. Great review! I share my feelings with Tyler i can say, after my first watch i found it quite a good film. But on the other hand, i never really thought about this movie anymore untill SA pointed out the review. Maybe we're spoiled nowadays:)
  3. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

I have to agree with both you and Tyler too :D I mean, Rinne to me was watchable, entertaining, but ultimately forgettable. I don't think we're necessarily spoiled for choice nowadays, but the ratio of merely okay-ish movies to absolute blinders has really increased exponentially in response to market demand, sadly :neutral:
  4. Glad you sound positive, hope you are right about it. Well, maybe i was just thinking this way because i saw Rinne together with 4 other films in a small horror marathon i held with some friends. apparently an overdose of these mediocore films make you start to look for every comparisation and cliche that you can find. And yeah, i also think market demand plays a role, but i must say i did expect something more from someone like T. Shimizu.
  5. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

Oh, I completely agree, especially after making something like Marebito, it hardly seems acceptable for him to go back to making mainstream crowd-pleasers, but then, I suppose everyone has to earn money somehow, and he's proved that he does actually have it in him to do better :neutral:
  6. Yani The Observer

I always enjoy reading your reviews, Tyler. I had forgotten about Rinne, and I'll probably continue doing so.
  7. Loved the review, that's for sure! And to add with that, i just ordered the movie anyway. Like most of us agreed before, it's not a bad movie. And i think this one's even watchable for my girlfriend :lol: (she's scared quite easily...)