What movie is this? (WAS: Dont remeber...)

Discussion in 'Asian Extreme Cinema discussion' started by Vovin, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Midori no Saru Invoker of Azarak

It could be Kakashi?

I remember there was a famous western science fiction story about this, but not famous enough for me to remember it exactly
  2. Clegg Guest

This is probably going to be a very hard one for anyone to recognise as I haven't actually watched it myself and don't recall much about it, I just read about it and it sounded interesting.

I had a load of imdb pages saved to my favourites, but my laptop broke and I lost a lot of them and a bunch of other important stuff, much of which I'm struggling to remember/retrieve :(

Anyway, the film was about a solitary teenage girl who spent a lot of time in her room, alientated from her family. I believe it was Korean but it may have been Japanese. I have it in my mind that it had something to do with insects, either having the word 'insect' in the title or maybe she had an interest in them. Pretty sure it was a drama rather than a horror.

Sorry for the lack of info. I'm one of those people who tries to know as little as possible about a film before I watch it in order to avoid spoilers and expectations. Obviously that approach has backfired in this instance8O
  3. onibaku Vukodlak

Could it be Harmful Insect? ,which is a Japanese film,which explores many of the similar themes you stated in your post..And yes,it's more of a drama film,than a horror.I hope this helps you mate.
  4. Clegg Guest

Yes that's the one! Thanks very much :)
  5. Harmcore Guest

[IMG]
    Female Body Collection: Stewardess Risa Japanese VHS box cover - front

evilyn garnett wrote:
    "Eccentric Psycho Cinema 1" is a bootleg title for Shinji Imaoka's Bottled Vulva: Bank Teller Noriko (Binzume nyoin: ginkôin · Noriko), starring Megumi Makihara as the titular teller Noriko Kamimura; the scene in question isn't from that AV. Bottled Vulva: Bank Teller Noriko is part of the J·nex-produced Bottled Vulva (Binzume nyoin) trilogy, which Hollywood Film Co. Ltd. (K.K. Hariuddo Firumu) released on VHS in Japan under its Spider label circa 1998; the two other movies in that trilogy are Bottled Vulva: High School Girl Yuriko (Binzume nyoin: joshikôsei · Yuriko) and Bottled Vulva: Kindergarten Teacher Kyoko (Binzume nyoin: yôchien kyôyu · Kyôko). The Bottled Vulva trilogy shouldn't be confused with the J·nex-produced Female Body Collection (Nyotai shûshû) trilogy, which Hollywood Film also released on VHS in Japan under its Spider label circa 1998, and which also features one or more psychotic vulvectomizers; the latter trilogy is comprised of Female Body Collection: Female Teacher Mika (Nyotai shûshû: onna kyôshi · Mika), Female Body Collection: Stewardess Risa (Nyotai shûshû: suchuwâdesu · Risa), and Female Body Collection: High School Girl Mina (Nyotai shûshû: joshikôsei · Mina).

"Eccentric Psycho Cinema" was the slogan for Hollywood Film's Spider label. There were three series released under that label: the three-volume Bottled Vulva series, the three-volume Female Body Collection series, and the two-volume Dog-Woman (Inu-onna) series. Apparently, neither of the two volumes in the Dog-Woman series features a psychotic vulvectomizer.

Perhaps the scene in question is from Female Body Collection: Stewardess Risa, a bootleg title for which apparently is "Eccentric Psycho Cinema 3"?

Warning: The image linked to below contains nudity; viewer discretion is advised.
    Female Body Collection: Stewardess Risa Japanese VHS box cover (JPEG)

Bottled Vulva: Bank Teller Noriko vidcap (JPEG)

IMDb: Bottled Vulva: Bank Teller Noriko
  6. evilyn garnett Long Live The New Flesh

Um...thanks. I guess. Now, would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what the **** is wrong with me that I WATCH this ****? Furthermore, that when I cant get to sleep I imagine Andrea Dworkin in hell watching this on an endless loop with CLockwork Orange lid opener on her eyes forever and ever?
  7. evilyn garnett Long Live The New Flesh

Seriously, thanks for taking the time. Didn't mean to snark....
  8. godchild Brundlefly

Trying to find all the Japanese Horrors I watched. It is very difficult to relocate the ones I watched, because they aren’t well known. In this movie there were three short films, I believe. I watched one movie about a fat girl who had a skinnier sister. And she was jealous of her and the fact that boy she liked was into her sister. She decided no matter what she’d get skinny so she starved herself. Her mom yells at her for not eating, and you find out that her skinny sister is actually dead. Suddenly the fat girl is skinny and gets to go on a date with her crush. When they go out, she is so hungry she ends up eating her love interest.
    I know it was a short film with three others. I believe the first film had to deal with a man who finds out he is immortal and cuts open his stomach and begins eating his intestines. Can anyone help me find this film?
  9. jim harper Guest

The first one you mention is an episode of the Kazuo Umezu Horror Theater, called 'Diet'. The second is definitely not in the same series, but it might be one of the Guinea Pig films, He Never Dies. It's on the shelf in the next room, but I'll give someone else the pleasure of confirming my idea. ;)
  10. EaterofWorlds Brundlefly

Hi guys, I've got a real stumper for you... I've been looking for this Asian movie for over 5 years.

Basically, all I can remember is one scene: a female is kidnapped and placed in a cage/cell. The floor beneath her feet is heated red hot or floor is electrified, forcing her to dance. She may have also had bullets shot at her feet to force her to dance.

Does anyone recall this movie?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  11. Invisible Bunny King Long Live The New Flesh

My turn to ask for some help. It's a movie I saw just a couple years ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember much. All I can remember is a boy being bullied at the beginning, and then a girl (android?) who can time travel rescuing him. They form an awkward friendship.
    I know that's not much to go off of, and sounds like many Japanese films, but I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!
  12. Naifu Brundlefly

Hey all

I'm trying to remember the name of this movie that I watched a while ago but I can only remember a few details.
    1. The ghost girl made the main character friend slit her own throat in front of her.
    2. A group of people were having some sort of party and they ended up killing the girl that would end up being the ghost by making her fall off the roof and landing on a car below.
    3. At the end 2 girls were stilling at a table and one of them put a ring on the others finger turned it over and said they would be together for ever. That's when the main girl realized it wasn't her friend but the ghost in her body.
  13. ladysovay Guest

Does anyone know what this movie is, it's driving me round the bend. I can only remember 1 scene in it, near the end I think. There's an orchestra on stage, with a piano, next to the piano is a cello case,someone opens the case and there's a bloody body in it.Not much to go on, sorry. I was sure it was Cello, but I watched it this afternoon and it's not.
  14. Invisible Bunny King Long Live The New Flesh

I may have answered my own question. I might be thinking of Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge. Sound about right?